The Nothing Phone (2) has a new update released just in time for Christmas and, as noted on the Nothing Community webpage, the new update is going to be very heavy on features and it’s referred to as Nothing OS 2.5.
The software is based on Android 14 and it’s primarily going to focus on unique improvements, better customization, new gestures, and an interface over any stock Android features.
Nothing OS 2.5 was beta tested for nearly two months before being released, which should make the update more stable now that it has been officially rolled out.
The OS will be slowly distributed to make sure all of it is stable and to avoid any bugs.
Parts of the expected improvements as communicated on the website are:
- Redesigned Home and Lock screen
- New Atmosphere and Glass wallpaper effects
- Added solid color wallpapers and a monochrome color theme
- Glyph Interface updates for Google Calendar and Glyph Timer
- New Gestures for power button and lock screen shortcuts
- Several other system improvements and new widgets for the home screen.