fbpx

Your Trusted Mobile Devices Partner

Menu

Search
Close this search box.

Search

Production of iPad Pro panels by two major OLED display manufacturers to begin in February

The upcoming 11-inch and 13-inch iPad Pro (2024) models are expected to feature an OLED panel instead of an LCD, replacing the 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2022) models. The 12.9-inch model currently uses mini-LED backlighting, offering a 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio thanks to the 2,500 dimming zones created with this technology. The mini-LED was used as a temporary solution as Apple waited for OLED pricing to become more affordable, which has now happened.

The new iPad Pro (2024) is expected to be unveiled after three new iPad models are refreshed during the first quarter of 2024. This includes the 11th-generation basic iPad and a new iPad Air powered by the M2 chip (replacing the M1). The seventh-gen iPad mini is also rumored to have the A17 Pro chip or the A16 Bionic replacing the A15 Bionic.

Samsung Display and LG Display are reported to begin production of 10 million OLED panels for the iPad Pro (2024) earlier than expected, starting in February. Each panel will cost Apple three times as much as the OLED panels used for the iPhone. 60% of the orders will go to LG Display, while the remaining 40% will be sent to Samsung Display.

The tablet industry, including Apple’s tablet business, has seen a drop in demand post-pandemic. However, Apple plans to refresh its iPad line next year in response to this shift in demand.

Share on:

Leave a Reply

Follow Us

Featured Post
Get The Latest Updates

Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter

No spam, notifications only about new products, updates.
On Key

Related Posts