Sometimes, you may want to have an app on your iPhone, but you don’t necessarily want it to be visible on your home screen. The good news is that you can easily hide apps on your iPhone instead of deleting them. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Long press on your wallpaper until the app icons start to jiggle.
2. Tap the “-” button located at the top left corner of the app that you want to hide.
3. A prompt menu will appear, and you should choose “Remove from Home Screen.”
4. If you have apps inside a folder that you want to hide, simply tap on the folder to see the “-” buttons for all the apps inside. You can then follow steps 2 and 3 to hide them.
5. To stop the app icons from jiggling and interact with them normally again, press on your wallpaper or tap “Done” in the top right corner of your screen.
Please note that you cannot hide widgets the same way you hide apps. Tapping the “-” button for a widget will only remove it. However, you can re-add any removed widgets by tapping the “+” located at the top left corner of the screen while editing your Home screen.
If you’re interested in the new iPhone 15 and want to hide apps on it, don’t worry—it’s just as easy as on other iPhones. You can find the best deals on Apple’s latest smartphone below.
By default, if you want to hide newly downloaded apps on your iPhone, you can do that too. Simply follow these steps:
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down and select “Home Screen.”
3. From the options available, choose “App Library Only.”
4. The App Library is located one screen to the right of your rightmost normal Home screen. Any newly downloaded apps will automatically be placed there from now on.
If you have hidden apps and need to find them, there are two ways to do it:
1. App Library: You can find all the apps you have removed from your iPhone Home screen in the App Library. The App Library automatically sorts your apps based on their categories, and it includes a folder for recently added apps and another folder based on how you use your iPhone.
2. Search: Simply swipe downward on your Home screen to access the Search tool. You can use Siri to search for apps, games, specific settings, and more. This is especially helpful if you can’t remember where you placed a particular app.
If you don’t want an app to appear when using the Search tool, you can prevent it from doing so. Follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down and select “Siri & Search.”
3. Scroll further until you find the app that you want to hide.
4. Uncheck both the “Show App in Search” and “Show Content in Search” options. This will hide all information related to the app from appearing in Search.
In case you change your mind and want to bring back a hidden app to your home screen, here’s how you can do it:
1. From the App Library or Search, long press on the app that you want to bring back.
2. Drag the app to the desired spot on your Home screen.
3. Tap the “Done” button or your wallpaper to set the new layout of your Home screen.
Lastly, if you want to hide apps from your App Store purchase history, follow these steps:
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone.
2. Tap on your profile icon located in the top right corner.
3. Search for the app that you want to hide from your purchase history.
4. Swipe left on the app, and an option to “Hide” will appear. Select it to hide the app.
We hope these instructions help you easily hide apps on your iPhone according to your preferences. If you’re looking for great deals on new iPhones, check out our website for the hottest deals on every Apple phone available.