Google has released Android 14 Beta 5.2 for compatible Pixel devices, including Pixel phones, the Pixel Tablet, and the Pixel Fold. These updates are considered minor and come with the August 2023 security patch.
The changelist for Android 14 Beta 5.2 includes the following fixes:
– Various issues causing devices to stall when rebooting have been resolved.
– Issues interrupting cellular connectivity on devices using E-UTRAN New Radio – Dual Connectivity (ENDC) through 5G NR low-band frequencies have been fixed.
– The fingerprint sensor on Pixel Fold and Pixel Tablet devices is now responsive in all cases.
– Perfetto trace data is no longer incomplete on Pixel Fold devices.
– Stuttering animations while viewing or tapping the notification for an ongoing call on Pixel Fold devices have been fixed.
– The system UI no longer crashes after using the fingerprint sensor on Pixel Fold devices.
– The screen no longer briefly flickers when unfolding Pixel Fold devices.
– A colored bar display or flickering after unlocking the device on Pixel Tablet devices has been resolved.
– Incorrect sounds playing when docking or undocking the device on Pixel Tablet devices have been fixed.
To install the update on your Pixel device, go to Settings > System > System update and follow the directions.
While we were expecting the final, stable version of Android 14 to be released in August, it looks like we might have to wait until sometime in September for the official release of the next major Android build.
We remain optimistic that the upcoming Android 14 update will be the final stable release.